Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gather 'round, children, it's story time!

Hey.  This is my new blog, where I plan on mostly rambling about things that interest me or what's going on in my life.  Sometimes I may post something serious.  So without further delay, let's get to it....


What I'm up to these days

Raising a kid and being married

So Noah, my son, just turned one last month.  Pretty crazy.  Time sure does fly....
Anyway, it's getting to the point where we're going to have to start teaching him things.  Up to this point our job has pretty much been to keep him alive.  So, yeah.  Let the fun begin!

New job!

I'm working at the library in Bay St. Louis.  It's a nice change of pace from teaching.  No lesson plans, no grading papers, no yelling at teenagers all day.  I do miss actually teaching and (hopefully) being a positive role model to my students.  So far, things at the library have been great.  I really enjoy my job, especially looking at stuff on microfilm.  Tons of fun.  Y'all come see me!

Miscellany

  • It's interesting how one's television viewing habits change when a child enters the picture.  Jake and the Never Land Pirates is Noah's favorite show.  I kinda like it, too.  Especially these guys:                                                                         I would buy every album they ever put out.
  • I put this on Facebook the other day, but here it is for those of you with whom I am not friends on Facebook.  This makes me want to punch baby penguins.  Dictionaries include definition of 'literally' that isn't literal
  • I could never punch a baby penguin.  Look how freakin' adorable they are.                                          
  • And behold, a man came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?"  And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good?  There is only one who is good.  If you would enter life, keep the commandment."  He said to him, "Which ones?"  And Jesus said, "You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself."  The young man said to him, "All these tings I have kept.  What do I still lack?"  Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me."  When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.  (Matthew 19:16-22 ESV)                                                                     Why is it so hard to do the hard stuff?

Well this is it for now.  Have a great day.  Stay frosty.

2 comments:

  1. Remember back when we all had livejournals? That was neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were the days. Get up on some of this blogger.com action. You're more interesting than I am anyway.

      Delete